Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Beans Beans The Musical Fruit


Tonight I rocked the house with dinner. Mind you, this doesn't happen very often so I am extra excited tonight! I think what makes this soup so special is the fact that it's main ingredient is black beans, and I don't like black beans!

Brianne's version of black bean soup:

1 1/2 c Chicken broth
1 1/2c Water
1 Medium onion chopped
2 Cloves of garlic
1 1/2t Cumin-give or take
If you like real spicy soup, add red pepper flakes

Boil the above ingredients until onions are soft. Add:

2 Cans of La Costena Black Beans (19.75 oz)
1 Can of Rotel tomatoes
1 Rotisserie chicken or any type of meat you want to add

Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes. I covered them to minimize moisture loss.
Use immersion blender or food processor to mash the beans and tomato mixture. I used minimal broth in the food processor and returned beans to the pot.
Add rotisserie chicken, chopped of course.

Add a 10 oz can of diced tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes or put on low until you are ready to serve.

Top with rough chopped cilantro and lime juice

Get ready! It is awesome!

1 comment: