Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pay Up Sucker

I have loved this saying ever since I saw it tattooed on Jesse James' palm! Well, as you may have guessed, today was our day to pay up. Bill time. Medical copays, credit card, phone, internet...the list goes on.

Today was different though. I took a different approach to paying bills. I prayed first. I asked for God to discipline me, to give me the strength and self control to pay what needs to be paid and not let one slide because "it's really no big deal". I have to say, this was the most pleasant bill paying experience ever. I don't have the money left over to sign up for a yoga class i had hoped for or to take last minute trip to get away or even to buy what I want at the store. Instead, I have just enough to get the groceries we need and put gas in our cars and it feels good.
...Give us this day, our daily bread...

Discipline is good and honoring God with our finances feels good. I am thankful that He is just as concerned with our money as He is with the major problems in our world. I pray today that God will continue to correct and discipline us because without Him, we can go nothing!

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
Hebrews 12:11

1 comment: